Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Yellow & Grey

I have to be honest, yellow is not a popular color in my closet. Grey, on the other hand, definitely is. Haha. But you all know that--too well, almost. ;)

That leads me to an important question I have for all of you!
1) Are you (those of you who read my blog) tired of my neutral-colored outfits?
2) Should I start spicing it up with some color here and there?
Let me know what you think in the comments! :)


Alright guys, here is my outfit from this last Sunday...
Blouse: Fun & Flirt
Skirt: Target
Necklace: Target
Like I said, I really don't wear a lot of yellow! So it was kind of fun to have a bit of a color pop with this outfit. This skirt is one of my very favorite pencil skirts that I have. It's long enough to be modest both when standing and sitting. Perfect! Haha. But, even though it's modest in length, it isn't so modest in how it actually fits me. Bummer, I know. It's just a biiiit too snug for me to feel comfortable. SO! My brilliant solution was this: don't tuck in the blouse and make sure it's a bit longer in the back. This would allow the blouse to hide how snug it can be around my hips at times. So, I did just that!

Here's a view of my outfit from the front & the back:


I was, and still am, very proud of this outfit! Haha. Over the last few years, I've learned a lot about my style & preferences. I'm very simplistic, but I like to have a bit of fun, too. :) This top is a bit interesting in the fact that it's short in the front and long in the back. It's a cool style when you wear it correctly! My mom and I say it has a "duck tail" Hahaha.
It works great with the pencil skirt because it hides how snug it is!
It's a bit different to wear a blouse un-tucked from a pencil skirt, but I actually like this look. I've played with it in the past, and it's always way fun!

I've mentioned in the past that pencil skirts look kind of "business-like"--and I think I'd still say that, but I'd add the word CAN-->pencil skirts can look "business-like". I've had so. much. fun. with pencils skirts! And sometimes, I make them look a bit more business-like! That's the great part about pencil skirts! So versatile. ;)
This outfit looks a bit more on the business side, and I say that's because I started my new part-time job as a receptionist the day after I wore this outfit! I was just getting in the mood to wear clothing along these lines. :) Haha.

I hope you all liked this outfit!
Don't forget to let me know if you guys like the neutrals or want more color in my outfits... Thank youu! :)


Love, Megs. :)

1 comment:

  1. YES! Because not only would wearing bright colors make you more happy but it would also make those around you more happy:)

    ReplyDelete