Monday, May 4, 2015

Soft Pink Pleats

I'm baack! Now that I'm back home for break, I figured I'd start up my blog again! It's too crazy keeping up with it at school. But I think I'm going to have to get used to that if I want to keep blogging... Haha. But I'm really excited to get back to it. Enjoy!


The student ward I attended up at BYU-Idaho started at 8:20am each Sunday. Growing up, the earliest time our wards had ever started at was 9am, and that's not tooo terrible. You can sleep in until 8, shove food in your mouth, rush to get ready until you look decent (enough), and then hopefully get to church on time. (That just sounds awful, doesn't it? Haha. I'm always late to church. We're all imperfect, yes, but I recognize it's a bad habit--and I'm working on it!) When I came home I figured out when the singles ward started, and I nearly cried when someone told me it starts at 11:30. What a wonderful time to have church. I'm super happy about it!

So yesterday was Fast Sunday, and I decided to fast for job opportunities. I've applied to a few places, and I'm really crossing my fingers in hope that things will work out! Anyway, the typical Fast Sunday goes as follows: sleep in as long as you possibly can, get up and get ready, try not to think about your little sister eating chocolate-chip waffles in the kitchen, and (again) try not to be late to church. So yesterday I was laying in bed wide awake, not wanting to get up and face my growling stomach just yet. Then I got a knock on my door. My mom came in and said, "I've got some treasures for you!" She was carrying two skirts she got the other day at T.J.Maxx. My mom is awesome. When she finds modest skirts or dresses for a good price, she doesn't hesitate to buy them. She has always been one to endorse her daughters in being modest in any way that she can, and this is one way she does it! It's so very hard to come by modest clothing these days. Thankfully, my mom grabs them when she can! That being said, I wore one of the new, modest skirts to church yesterday.
t-shirt: Target
skirt: T.J.Maxx
shoes: Target
I wasn't entirely sure if I wanted to post this outfit, but I kept thinking I need to get this started up again. I also had a positive push from my dear boyfriend (thanks babe! Haha). So, here I am! I actually do like this outfit. When I think of the colors, though, all I see is my sister Savanah's wedding! Haha. We wore cream and blush pink. It was so pretty. When I picked this skirt to wear I knew I'd have to downplay the top. It is my personal opinion that you shouldn't have things get too busy when planning an outfit, especially when dressing up. For instance: you don't pair a ruffled top with a ruffled skirt. That just doesn't work! Because this skirt has pleats, I needed to calm it down on the top half of the outfit. So I went with a plain, white t-shirt. I also decided on a white t-shirt because it doesn't drown out the soft pink color, it just makes it pop! And the shoes are just fun. They go well with the rest of the outfit because their individual colors. And I think that cognac brown can go so well with a lot of bright and fun colors!

The accessories:
earrings: Kohl's
necklace: Forever 21
Once I had the outfit on, I didn't want to play it up any more. It was turning out to be a simple, pretty look. I didn't want to take away from that! So I chose simple accessories. I love gold accessories. And I thought these two went very well with the light pink and the cognac brown. So I chose my go-to Forever 21 necklace, and some simple gold studs from Kohl's. And that was it! Nice and simple Sunday dress yesterday.


Aside from my outfit, I love being home! I really miss college though. I miss my sister and her husband, my amazing boyfriend, my roommates, and even Idaho! Haha. Who would have guessed that, huh?! Haha. I love it up there, it's beautiful and so fun! But being home it really nice, too. I've missed the beach, the sun, my best friends, and my family. It'll be great to take a little rest before I'm back up in the fall and I jump right back into the craziness all over again... Until then, I'll be here!

Love, Megs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment